The real decision makers, when it comes to home design, style and functionality. We have found that men are great with the "big picture" but women prefer to focus on the details. Things like functionality of living spaces, smart use of storage and seating areas, good bathroom design are all areas at which women excel. We found some helpful tips in the 10 Commandments of Woman-centric Design. See below:
- We shall pay extra attention to the design of de-stressing areas in your homes.
- We shall not overlook the importance of the rear foyer entry into the home.
- We shall not forget the kitchen as a primary entertaining area.
- We shall remember the unique needs of blended families.
- We shall honor my time with an easy-care, organized home.
- We shall not design homes with inadequate storage.
- We shall not underestimate the importance of natural light.
- We shall not use exterior products that burden you with maintenance and upkeep.
- We shall not ignore your changing needs and will incorporate flexibility into our designs.
- We shall not neglect those of you who operate a home-based business or work from home.
Thes are from Woman-Centric Matters!, a division of Design Basics LLC (www.designbasics.com.)
Most importantly we have learned to listen. Determining needs and meeting them is the basis of good design. If you are thinking of a project and have any questions, click below to talk to one of our experts.